07 January 2006

 

SPIRIT: Coincidence Versus Serendipity

Dateline: On the way to the bus

I was walking to the bus the other day. Lost in my thoughts like usual. Then out of nowhere this question in my head:

Is this the first day of the rest of your life or just another day in paradise?

I know it is a compound cliché, but it made me laugh. It also freaked me out a little bit too. Like what if something happens today that changes my whole life's direction? Or am I destined to bumble about in my typical routine today?

So the bus comes and I forget the question, I do what I got to do and take the bus back home. I get off a little early so I can walk a bit. I am strolling along and something happens in the 'truth is cheesier than fiction' category. As I pass a local bistro I saw written in colorful chalk on the outdoor blackboard:

This is the first day of the rest of your life.

I was like, wow. Then, like always in these situations, I asked:

Coincidence or serendipity?

And then I asked:

What if that question does not matter but that we believe it so?

##33##

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
RSS Spirit

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?