08 June 2006

 

Mature Lady Blessing


To the corner she rolled carted by relation,
not born here, an old world confabulation.
Not at her daughters or granddaughters I smile,
but crane my neck toward her with hopes that I rile.
And she did smile back, sort of, but then they were gone.
The gaggle rolled past across a city lawn.

So I go and return from my paper sending chore,
got caught in one block, then another, what a bore.
I was walking down a strange street, head down, I heard a cough.
It was the lady, on a porch, a cold blow my head did boff.

She waved at me vigorously.
I waved back jubilantly.
I know this is mere superstition of course,
but I knew I was at a blessing's source.
Upon a cool grotto and calm spring I wished
for that which this lady has previously fished.

So I got a wish thank god, it came right on time.
Frankly it felt as sweet as fresh pie with key lime.
I walked home and wondered: if the lady still had her sanity,
did she bless me for me or because I had flattered her vanity?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
RSS Spirit

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?